Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Raisins are an abomination.

I don't like raisins. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I hate them, but I dislike them intensely. I also feel sorry for them. They have been drained of their grapey glory, shriveled into a pathetic shadow of their former plump succulence. They are disillusioned, disenfranchised, and dehabilitated. I repeat, raisins are an abomination.

Raisins do not belong in baked goods. They also do not belong in trail mix, but they get put there just the same. There's nothing quite like the anticipation of the flavour of a perfect chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. The aroma; heavenly. The goldeney, chocolatey appearance; enticing. How many of us have been lured in by the promise of chocolatey goodness only to encounter the unwelcome, slippery, squish of the dreaded, leathery, raisin? False advertising, I say! At least trail mix is obvious.

Who is with me? This world is populated by two kinds of people: those who willingly consume raisins and those who do not. Which kind are you?

No comments: