Monday, September 10, 2012

Guess what, guess what, guess what!!

About 3.5 months ago (give or take) I was in a community theatre production entitled "No Crime Like the Present". It was a dinner theatre, we did 6 shows and it was so much frigging fun but the reason I bring it up is because at the end, while packing everything up to leave, my Blackberry went missing.

Now, it wasn't a particularly nice Blackberry, nor was I particularly attached to it. It was the one that came free with the 3 year plan, but it had videos of my kids on it and it was my phone. I called the theatre director, e-mailed all the members of the cast, informed the members and the minister of the church where the play was held, searched the place high and low twice, made a general nuisance of myself, but it was all for naught. I decided I had to accept that it was gone and move on, but man, was that hard. I just knew it was in that church somewhere, but damned if I knew where.

I got a loaner phone. A phone which I loathe. Loathe! But I was grateful also due to the fact that the loaner phone was free. Turns out the crappy phone that comes free with the contract costs about $100 to replace. I am way too cheap for that. So, yay! Crappier loaner phone. I dealt. I used the yucky loaner phone and considered myself fortunate.

Fastforward to yesterday. The lovely gentleman who deals with the trash and general maintenance at the church called. Seems they were cleaning out a cabinet in the room we used as a dressing room and guess what they found shoved under a couple of baskets? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Jimmy Hoffa!

My Blackberry! In its pretty, blue, otterbox, case. I am so happy!! I'm so happy I needed two exclaimation points and normally I detest surpuflous punctuation.

So, yay! Monday! Bring it on.

And because every blog post needs a picture, here is my kid with wax lips:


No comments: