Wednesday, September 26, 2012

BEETS!

Recently I have discovered that beets are a polarising subject. I, being a hugely spoiled brat picky vegetable eater who is trying really hard to overcome it, was only slightly surprised that so many people loathe beets in all their purply forms. I understand this seems rather at odds when you consider my pickiness, but I only speak the truth. Due to the fact that I am such a spoiled brat so picky, I can only eat them pickled, but am really trying to branch out with varied results.

Regardless (but not irregardless, because that would be wrong), today I am pickling beets. My Grammie's recipe. My kitchen is spattered with magenta and smelling decidely earthy. It reminds me of how very much I miss sitting in Grammie's kitchen, smelling these smells and watching her practised hands make magic of ugly, dirty, purple roots. I love you Grammie! Thank you being who you were and teaching me so much about who I am.

1 comment:

S said...

Love this post! A lovely tribute XO