Sunday, December 26, 2004

Attack of the Boobah...

So, Christmas has come and gone. It was really cool to have my family here under one roof. I cooked a HUGE turkey dinner for all and it was a hit. I also baked 3 (count 'em) pies (yes, I realize that I am insane).

Present opening was a bit overwhelming for the wee one. We are definately going to have to cull the herd when it comes to toyland here. The kid is 2 and he has enough oys for 5 children. It's friggin ridiculous.

My younger brother took Jacob, out to pick his own toy on Christmas eve. Jacob picked out one of those mechanical, singing/dancing boobah doll things. It's beyond hideous and generally gives me the willies. They remind me (warning, what follows is not for the faint of heart, so if you're easily offended stop reading now or don't say that I didn't warn you) ...of uncircumcised penises. And the head is strangely human baby like, but there's no mouth and the 'ears' are littlem preposterour pointy protrusions (don't you just love alliteration?). I also feel like it's following me at all times with it's ridiculously large and WIDE eyes. All that to say, Jacob is absolutely in LOVE with the disturbingly loud contortionist contraption ('WHY' boggles the mind) so the rest of us just have to get used to it, I guess...until he gets bored with it and I hide it under the bed. Which ever happens first.

Anyhow, I hope you've all had astoundingly joyful Christmases and that the New Year brings even MORE JOY!!


1 comment:

Margie said...

Where are you? did you survive the holidays???