Monday, December 13, 2004

"Bwoooooooke, bwooooooke"

We have a tree! It's up! Most of the ornaments are intact...save one red ball and one Resin Tigger, since glued. Jacob was very upset at his breaking and chanted over and over 'Bwoooooke, bwooke' almost reverantly, while pointing at the carnage.

The weekend was fun. Our little diesel truck has been refusing to start, so hubby enlisted several able bodied grad students to help him push it up a hill so we could try to start it by 'popping the clutch'. It didn't work. We were left w/ one 1/4 tonne blue truck at the bottom of a very steep hill. In a Church parking lot. On Friday. Not good.

A very sweet, kindly, neighbour helped him tow it back up the hill. It started with attempt #2. I know what you're thinking. 'WHY DID YOU PUSH IT OVER THE HILL AGAIN??!' or perhaps 'WHY DIDN"T YOU JUST PUSH IT OFFA CLIFF?' Trust me, we were tempted. So, anyhow, the thing is now being repaired by my rather generous father.

We went Christmas shopping on Saturday and my sainted mother kept the boy. Jacob was thrilled to be staying with Nana. So much so, that he couldn't wait for us to get our butts out the door. No problemo, sonny boy :). He damanded a kiss and then said 'Kay, go'. Love you too, oh blessed product of my womb.

Got lots accomplished and the crowds weren't all that bad, surprisingly enough! We were lucky enough to have a visit with the tremendous Trenholms, which was lovely, as always.

Anyhow, now, I'm back at boring work, avoiding the stack of marking that's awaiting me. So, I suppose I should get to it before some one finds out and decides not to pay me :D

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!h

1 comment:

Margie said...

I love the Trenholms!!!