Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thursday Morning, 9 am.

It's Thursday. It's cold. I'm at work. Again.

Last night I went to my 'WOW' meeting, and WOW! What an amazing time we had! Did a read thru of the pieces of writing that will be used for the 'production' and we laughed, we cried, we got angry...it was an amazing night. I also got to hold a 2 month old baby girl named Imogen. I love that name! She is a cutie pie! I want one! Her mother is a very interesting lady. Dread-locked, skirted, unshaven and unappolagetic :). She bemoaned to me the fact that her newborn has, as yet, been unwilling to take milk from a bottle and none of her friends are lactating. She asked me if I was still nursing :). I would totally do that tho! I'd nurse some one else's baby if they wanted me to. Letting someone else nurse *MY* baby is quite another thing. If it was someone I knew EXTREMELY well and trusted implicitly, then, yes, no problemo...Strange to think about, tho, is it not? My friend, Janis, told me she could smell the estrogen coming off me :). It's true, I do have baby lust. Anyone have a newborn they want to lend me to cure me of that affliction? It *might* work....

So, as you can well imagine, it's rather a let down to be sitting at this desk again, at 9 am, correcting lal reports.

On the upside, I haven't had breakfast yet and my GIGANTOR honey crisp apple is patiently awaiting my ravenous hunger. Mmmmmmmmmmm...fresh apple. *Drool*

So, there it is. Not a terribly interesting blog, but then I told you I was going to be mundane!!!


Again, to end with a joke:

Little Johnny was a problem child from the get go. His mother had found him playing with turpentine of late and sought the counsel of her local priest for help and guidance. 'Father, I can't get my little Johnny to STOP playing with turpentine! I'm worried about his lungs and his safety', she wailed. The kindly old priest responded w/ a 'there, there' and 'Why don't you send little Johnny to me and I'll see what I can do?'. So, little Johnny is directed to report to the priest the following morning. He walks into the priest's chambers carrying a slingshot and a large can of turpentine. 'Johnny', says the priest, 'Why don't you trade that can of turpentine with me for a bottle of Holy Water?'

'Father, what in the HELL, is HOLY WATER. What can I do with THAT? Turpentine is soooooo useful! You can start fires with it, it smells good, you can make paint runny. What can you do withHOLY WATER?' replies Johnny. After the priest recovers from that little tirade, he says "Why, Johnny, Holy Water is very special! It has many magical properties. Why, just the other day, I rubbed some on a woman's stomach and she passed TWINS!'

'Aw, Father', says Johnny, 'That's nothing! Just last week, I rubbed some turpentine on a cat's ass and he passed two cars and a motorcycle!'

:):)

No comments: