Friday, October 22, 2004

Look at me, I'm a blogging fool!

So I dropped my son off at Daycare for the first time this morning. It was reallty rather strange. He only goes 2 days a week, but I feel like this is yet another step he's taking away from me. He's such a little boy now! There's no baby left at all!. It's exciting to watch him grow, but it's sad that he's growing up and away from me.

So, once again, I have to pee and I'm procrastinating. I came to school today wearing a shirt that must have gotten bleach on it at one time or another and I failed to notice this...I wonder if anyone will think it's strange if I wear my lab coat all day? Hmmmmmmmmm...

I think I will end with a joke :)

So, a woman and her husband arrive at a maternity hospital. She is in active labour and is admitted immediately. She is experiencing a HUGE amount of pain and so asks for an epidural. The husband says to her 'Honey, if I could take your pain, I would'. The nurse says "well, we can give you an epidural, but would you like to try a revolutionary new method of pain relief? We now have a way to transfer the pain of childbirth to the father! We can start out with with just 25% to begin with, are you interested?' The father decides that he's prepared to handle this and agrees to it. The nurse transfers 25% of the pain. She says 'Now, this is probably the most intense pain you've ever felt in your life, so we'll start out slow'. She turns the switch. The father isn't phased in the least. 'I'm not in ANY pain!' he says, 'Crank it up!' Reluctantly the nurse complies and gives the father 50% of the pain. Still, he isn't phased. The wife is feeling so much better and agrees to have it upped again. So, the nurse transfers 75% of the pain to the father. Daddy is still A OK and the nurse has never seen such a thing. "Most father's can't even handle 25%! You're amazing!'. 'Aw, shucks" says the father, 'Why don't you just give it all to me?' and as he's done so well thus far, the nurse agrees. The wife gives birth to a beautiful son, PAIN FREE!

So, 2 days later, they bring their new baby boy home and find the mailman dead on the front step :):)

2 comments:

Margie said...

Have looked to see if the clock is set to the right time for your blog or do you really drop your son off before 6am?

jericmiller said...

thanks for the laugh out loud.
i'd write it lol, but i hate that short hand.
maybe you should end them all with a joke.
that will make you a hit with me.
and probably others.
thanks.
(txs?)