Wednesday, June 08, 2005

5:00 am

How can a child who is put to bed at 8 pm and falls asleep at 10:30 pm, concievably wake at 5 am and function? Seriously? How is this humanly possible? This doesn't happen very often, but I am so very glad that I am at work today and he is at daycare. I feel sorry for the daycare ladies tho. Someone remind me why I want another one. Anybody. Please.

Monday was hubby's birthday. I rather outdid myself in that dept if I do say so myself. I got up early and fixed him breakfast in bed, made him a lovely birthday supper of curried chicken and rice as per his request, Jacob and I baked him a cake from scratch and he had a very enjoyable evening. Oh, he got presents too :-).

So, as I sit here bleery eyed, I can't think of anything much else to write. Oh, this morning, Dennis and Jacob were somewhat at odds as Jacob was getting dressed. Jacob was saying that he didn't want to go to daycare and Dennis responded once with 'Well, I really don't care'. I pulled him aside to tell him that I felt that was innappropriate and said 'That's really enough of that', but guess who heard? Now our almost 3 year old's favourite phrase seems to be 'That's enuf ob dat'. :sigh: Why does everything come back to bite me?

Ta ta :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Cos your bum is perfect for that!

Kim said...

I have no clue how kids can do that, but mine does it ALL the time. Especially on the weekends, when we could all sleep extra long ... until noon if we wanted!